A Day in the Life of a Scrapper

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cupcakes

Today, we have a new challenge from Sweet Shoppe Designs...to blog about your favorite cupcakes. Hmmm...well, I like cupcakes, pretty much any kind. But my favorite has to date back to my childhood. I can't remember the exact name, but my older sister used to make them for us when we were growing up. They are chocolate with a cream cheese type filling in the middle of them. I haven't had these for ages! She would make them from scratch, not a box. And if I was really good, she would let me help make them! She is seven years older than me, so she often had to take care of her little sister and this is one thing we would do together. Mmmm...now I think we are going to have to bake some of those again! I am going to have to go dig up that recipe. Here it is:

Black Bottom Cupcakes

Filling:
1/3 c sugar
1 egg
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
pinch of salt
1 c chocolate chips

Batter:
2 tsp soda
3 c flour
2 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 c cocoa
2 c water
2/3 c vegetable oil
2 T vinegar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix together filling, and mix together batter. Fill cup cake papers, alternating with cake batter, then filling, then cake batter on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Makes 30 cupcakes. Frost with your choice of frosting.

No comments: